KING ABDULAZIZ SCHOOL
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
IN EDUCATION FOR A BETTER FUTURE
The Admission Policy
General Admission Rules:
– King Abdulaziz School offers placement to a diversity of students whose parents are seeking an international educational school for their children.
– In KG – Grade 12, the language of instruction is English; Arabic is given as an additional language.
-KAS adheres to the Ministry of Education regulations regarding admission, promotion, retention and termination.
– Admission into KAS and placement in classes are based on successful completion of all application procedures, submission of all required documents and successful completion of entrance exams and interview. Students are admitted on the basis of the placement exam results, interview and the availability of places.
– KAS shall only consider a student for admission after receiving all required documents and fees. Late submissions are only possible if places remain available. In such cases, it is on a first come first served basis as long as entrance exams have been successfully completed to the school standards.
– Official documents for newly-enrolled students should be directly submitted to the registrar’s office.
– Admission into KAS KG is based on an interview and a short assessment which includes language basic skills, Maths skills as well as fine motor skills.
– All applicants (Grade 1 – Grade 10) have to sit for entrance exams in Maths, English, and Arabic.
– Preferential admission is for siblings, yet places are dependent on availability. KAS has the right to close admissions when a class is full.
–KAS caters for students with special needs as we have an SEN and Inclusion Department with a specialist who can address the needs of this category of students.
– KAS reserves the right not to reveal reasons for non-acceptance to parents/guardians.
-KAS reserves the right to keep the results of tests and interviews confidential to school; not to be disclosed to parents/guardians.
-Parents will receive acceptance confirmation via phone.
– Once a student is accepted at KAS, the placement of students in classes is left to the discretion of the school.
– Upon acceptance, parents have to pay the amount of 2000 Saudi Rials to reserve a seat for the next academic year. This amount is part of the total fees which need to be paid one week before the start of the academic year.
The Acceptance Procedures:
Preschool –KG2/KG3: 3-5 years old
Elementary: Grades 1-5/Middle School: 6-10
The Registration Procedures:
Once the student is accepted, an application form should be collected personally from the Registrar’s office and filled in. The following documents are to be attached to the application form:
Parents who wish to register their child in Grade 1 have to register him on MOE “Noor” system and then inform the school administration.